Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Lunar New Year!

This past weekend was well spent with friends & loved ones :)

First off, thanks to everyone who attended The Land of Odd Gallery's "$100 & Under Art Show" on Saturday...there was quite a turnout & lots of great artwork.  I really appreciate the support!

I was also able to spend a bit of quality time with my family for the Lunar New Year. In the Vietnamese culture, we call it "Tết", and the common greeting goes like this:  "Chúc mừng năm mới!" (which is basically "Happy New Year!" in Vietnamese).

So...in observance of Tết and The Year of the Tiger, here's a little painting I did for my parents to help usher in some good luck & happiness for 2010:

 

The Tiger is wearing glasses, as a nod to my Dad.  My Dad is the most wonderful Tiger I know! :)

Chúc mừng năm mới to my family & friends!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Viv!

Chuc Mung Nam Moi to you!

Best wishes for the New Year. We hope the Year of the Tiger will bring you Health, Happiness and Success... everything that you deserve :)

Your BIG fan

Kendra Melton said...

D'aw! so cute. Looks good! :]

the word Lunar makes everything sound way cooler. Happy New year, oh ok, Happy Lunar New Year, ooo that sounds special! :P

shadi said...

Viv, this piece is *awesome*! Happy Year of the Tiger!

Viv said...

Thank you for the sweet & encouraging comments!!! :)

Juliette Crane said...

i love this! the glasses are wonderful. you can tell he's got a lot of character and perfect for good luck.

Viv said...

Thanks, Juliette! I enjoy your work too! :)